Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Project Do It Now

Project Do It Now got underway yesterday.  In all honesty, it should be called Project Catch Up, but I'm trying to be optimistic.  One item ticked off the list was to drag out all the tiny toys that Ralph had batted under the chest in the entryway.  I wonder if he yells, "Score!," in his mind when one crosses the goal line.  Celeste was horrified to see all these orphan babies and began rearranging them and carrying them to safety, crooning all the while.  She, too, has her work cut out.

Another thing I should have done in more timely fashion was to post a photo of the live Christmas wreath Lorraine brought as a hostess gift on Thanksgiving.  Putting up the Christmas tree is definitely on the list, but just in case, I do have something to show the holiday spirit.  (I put the Halloween decorations away yesterday.  Check.)

I'm not going to list all the chores accomplished (bor-ing!).  Suffice it to say that my pedometer recorded that I walked half a mile without leaving the house.  Camille had called to say that salmon would be served for lunch at the Senior Center, but I declined because I didn't want to break the momentum.  She cut a deal, however, and brought me one of the to-go lunches in trade for a packet of turkey leftovers.  Baked salmon with aioli, wild rice, cooked spinach, and grapes for dessert made for a delicious early dinner.  Six days of turkey and I thought I'd sprout feathers.

Like the sunset, I can't say yesterday ended in a blaze of glory, but I definitely have a glow of satisfaction.

It was a good day.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Sounds like you are on a roll. Congrats! Isn't it a shame that it never ends??? The wreath is just beautiful...you are ahead of me!