Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Split Up

Some time back, I posted a photo of the huge pile of cut rounds that Clay brought up.  Yesterday, Beau and I turned those logs into an even bigger pile of firewood.  I can hardly believe we got this much wood split in just a couple of hours.  No, I did not stack it neatly.  We were flying and I may or may not (probably not) get around to that.  Beau worked like a robot loading the logs onto the splitter while I worked the controls.  I can't compare our jobs, but I can say that by the time we were done, I was absolutely stupid tired.  We pulled a protective tarp over the wood pile and called it quits for the day.  I didn't light a fire last night because I was afraid I'd fall asleep while waiting for Stove to catch and settle.

This is the last of the seven-day black-and-white photo challenge for FB.  It was taken the day before and I really like the silhouettes against the afternoon sun and clouds.  I need to play with the camera more.  There are other interesting effects that I haven't even tried.  Most of my pictures are taken on the fly; the wild life won't pose long for just the right exposure.

Speaking of wild life, Bess and I took the trash down to the road in late afternoon and when I drove back to the house, an absolutely gorgeous three-point buck (that would be a six-point in Texas) was drinking from the water pot.  It must be close to deer season, and I hope this big boy stays on my property for sanctuary.  We looked at each other for a minute or two before he wandered off down to the woods.

Rain isn't due until tonight, but the wind sure howled after dark last night.  I have a feeling I'm going to be raiding the wood pile soon.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Sounds like a VERY productive day. Hope you got some good kindling out of all of that. Tinka had her fire lit in a New York Minute with the great kindling getting the bigger pieces going. You gals have my respect for sure!