Saturday, November 18, 2017

Slowly, Slowly

It would be preferable to have steady, if slow, progress toward the holiday instead of the fits and starts I'm experiencing.  Ah, well, at least I'm moving forward, even at a snail's pace..

It was a lovely, crisp fall morning and the goat pen is entirely carpeted in green once again.  Those barely visible patches of grass are now about three inches tall and growing.  The weather was so nice that I was able to take more time and do a better job of cleaning the stalls.  Another couple of dewy mornings and the girls' hooves will be soft enough for a pedicure.

I received a surprise call from another brother-in-law yesterday with an invitation to meet for an early dinner at Poor Red's.  This is the same BIL who had advised me not to get a milk cow when I started talking livestock because I'd be so tied down to the animal's routine.  Well, I didn't get a cow, but I know he understood when I had to reluctantly refuse the invitation because the girls' bedtime is so early these days.  I'd gotten a late start getting ready to go shopping and had to postpone the trip because I couldn't have made it back by 4:30.  Be advised:  goats will put a crimp in your social life.

All of Celeste's foster babies have been transported from the bedroom back to the living room, one at a time and loudly.  As I don't walk around the living room with bare feet, I won't be stepping on a little furry body in the dark for awhile. 

No comments: