Monday, August 23, 2010

Do-Nothing Day

Sunday was one of those relaxed days, just tending to piddly little chores.  The computer had a change of heart and self-healed whatever glitch had occurred, allowing me to pay bills (oh goody).  The house was clean from the day before, and there were leftovers for dinner.  The girls all went willingly into whatever rooms they'd chosen for the night.  Yuki squatted in anticipation, unsatisfied as it may be.  It allows me to pick her up every evening and stroke that soft fluff she wears instead of the standard chicken feathers.  She is the Zsa Zsa Gabor of the hen pen, dressed as she is in her boa, with bright turquoise ear lobes (or whatever those flaps below the ear holes on a chicken are called).  Her beak is also blue, and she has large black eyes.  The other hens have either red or golden eyes, so these black eyes are somewhat startling, albeit quite beautiful.  I really enjoy these moments of bonding.  Satomi and Keiko tuck themselves in and just wait for their bedtime snack, so I don't get to touch them as often.  The surrounding wineries all had live bands this weekend, and it is nice to go out at dusk and hear that "the hills are alive with the sound of music."  The days tend to blend one into the other, but I can say this was a good weekend.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

All I can say is..."I'm smiling!" Warms my heart!