Saturday, October 2, 2010

Sailors' Delight

I don't know how much credence to put in the saying, "Red sky at night, sailors' delight," but if it's true, there have to be a lot of happy seamen today.  The cloud cover that came over in the late afternoon only made it humid, but it made for a spectacular sunset. 

I know the cats are happy.  Years ago, Steve's mom and dad brought us back sheepskin rugs from a trip to Australia.  I threw them in the washing machine yesterday and dried them on the line, and Frank and Pearl went into throes of ecstasy when I put the fluffy white skins back on the bathroom floor. 

I'm happy, too.  Cooler...much cooler...weather is predicted for this week.  My gosh, it's October already. 

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Wow, you swing from melting to needing warmth on the bathroom floors in a heartbeat, but yay for your cooler temps, and YES, can you believe that October is already here?????? Enjoy the weekend!!