Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Antidote, Please

Undoubtedly brought on by a couple of cooler days, I have been stricken with an illness that causes uncontrollable cleaning.  It had an insidious beginning, the simple thought that the lace curtains in the living room looked dusty.  Since lace curtains are in most of the rooms, it stands to reason that they are all dusty.  As happens frequently, one thing leads to another, and now the symptoms are severe.  Starting in the kitchen, I took down the valance.  Might as well wash the windows while they're bare.  As long as the ladder was out, I could wash the light fixtures.  Same thing happened in the breakfast room (what I call the "round room").  That small room has three windows and a pair of French doors.  The doors have ten panes of glass each; twenty if you wash both sides.  That's forty for the pair.  Aargh.  Moving on to the dining room, same number of windows, but bigger, and doors.  In addition, the clean windows made the salt-and-pepper collection (all pigs, of course) look bad.  Washed all 36 pigs and put them back.  It's taken two days to do two rooms.  I still haven't reached the living room, and I have yet to launder any curtains.  I am hoping for a quick recovery.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I can not offer any advice, as I have no first-hand experience with it, having never been stricken with such an affliction. But what a great "side-effect" of this disease!

Unknown said...

Looks like its time for me to schedule a visit!