Sunday, July 7, 2013

Luke?

"What we have here is a failure to communicate."  Strother Martin's line from "Cool Hand Luke" was certainly appropriate yesterday.  Seeing Dave ride up alone on the Harley about four hours after the anticipated arrival time was my first clue.  Since we'd discussed what tools he'd need to bring, I'd interpreted that to mean it would be a working visit.  What he really meant was that he'd be coming up to assess what needed doing.  Turns out the doors to the Taj and the first shed can be repaired at some point in the future, but the two storm doors on the weather side of the house must be replaced.  I was afraid of that.

Sandra had an event to attend that had been postponed to yesterday due to the extreme heat.  Dave simply forgot to give me a heads-up on that.  I was disappointed not to meet her.

I thought they'd be coming up in the truck and that I'd be able to send leftovers home.  Maybe five pounds of potato salad was overkill.  It's a good thing I like potato salad.

The house is dusted, I've got breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the fridge for the next week, and any day spent in the company of one of my Kids is a good day.  Are we clear on that?

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Roger...I hear ya...so sorry that the Cool Hand Luke moment was upon you, but I'm glad that Dave was able to come up and assess. Enjoy your overkill - sounds yummy!!