Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Once Is A Habit

If I take a nap one afternoon, the next day I need a nap.  I don't usually eat lunch but if I do have a snack, the next day I'm hungry.  It only takes once for something to become a habit for me.  Honey, the German shepherd, works on that same principle.  She came to visit last evening and, of course, the first thing she did was bound over to the dog biscuit box.  She does that every time now.  On her last visit when she wanted Bessie Anne to play, I got Bess to play Chase Me by running around like a nut through the house with Honey close on our heels.  Camille and I were talking in the kitchen last night and Honey stood in front of me and started vocalizing (which is different than whining).  A little slow on the uptake, I finally realized that she wanted to play The Game.  Ever the obliging hostess, I ran around the corner to hide as I do with Bessie.  One small problem.  Honey's legs are so long that she was right with me and there was no hiding from her.  Consequently, we ran a few laps going one way and then the other before I pooped out.  Bessie just watched the show.  Some people jog for exercise; I'll invite Honey over when I want a workout.  It's our new habit.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Haha - and I bet Bessie was laughing at the show! So you got exercise, Honey got to play, and Bess got the last laugh! Good job, Hostess - I think you obliged your guests! Now if only my exercise and eating habits could be formed in one day!