Saturday, July 27, 2013

Home Stretch

At some point in time, this project from hell will come to an end.  Finally all those windows and the lace curtains are washed.  (They looked so pretty dancing on the line.)  Camille came last evening to help put up the two longest rods.  I'm not vertically challenged, but do need to get up on the step stool to reach the fixtures.  Camille is taller and just popped that end in.  Harrumph!  She had to go back to her place for a forgotten item and left Honey with us.  Honey suffers from separation anxiety and was frantic when she realized Camille was taking off on the quad without her.  Bessie Anne did what she could to reassure Honey, lying by her side when Honey quit running from door to door.  That dog was a picture of true happiness when Camille rode up again.

Brown, brown, brown.  The only green left is that of the danged star thistle.  No wonder the dust lies thick everywhere.  What I wouldn't give for a patch of lawn to rest my eyes.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I bet it is so "purdy" looking out of your sparkling clean windows with your freshly air-dried curtains. I should take a page out of your book...hmmm...do I? Don't I?