Monday, July 1, 2013

Right Or Wrong

One of my favorite lines is, "I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken."  As much as I love to be right, I'm happy to be proven wrong, as in the case of the tractor battery.  Turns out I bought the right one after all.  Now all that's necessary is that I get up the courage to install it.  I wimp out with anything electrical; electricity scares me senseless.

"...five, six, seven goats and a sheep."  No, wait!  I've only got six goats.  Anyone who works with livestock gets in the habit of counting noses and toeses, and I automatically counted and then recounted the girls as I drove up the drive the other day.  Same size, shape, and color, but that extra nose did not belong to a goat.  That young buck I posted a photo of some time back was grazing in the pen.  When he realized he'd been busted, he jumped two fences as if on wings and took off to the woods.  Awesome.

There was another hiccup in the power yesterday; this one didn't last long.  I guess those with air-conditioners had them cranked up on high.  One thing about loss of electricity or even the threat is that it teaches you to live in the moment.  Do it now!  Don't wait until later to water the plants.  Take a shower when needed.  Keep all watering troughs filled to the brim.  Recharge the cell phone regularly.  And hold the good thought.

I can highly recommend "Quartet."

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

One more thing to always do "in the moment"...run the disposal. I didn't learn the hard way, but a friend did - in Ohio - when the winds from Hurricane Ike came all that way inland. I don't know if he was in the midst of food prep or was waiting a bit to flip the switch, but some food was in the disposal when the power went out, and I don't recall about his house, but mine was out for 3 days, and some had no power for 7 days. I ALWAYS run the disposal immediately, even though I now live in a rather outage-free-zone. Awesome for sure about the buck!!