Friday, July 18, 2014

Farview Ambience

I am fortunate to have friends who are willing to be guinea pigs for untried recipes when I've got the urge to cook.  "Fast food" and "take-out" are irrelevant terms when we live twenty miles from town, but I was in the mood for Chinese food.  There was a break from the heat yesterday and Camille and Arden accepted an impromptu invitation for dinner.  Orange Chicken turned out great, crispy bites with tangy sweet-and-sour sauce.  Chow Mein was good, but perhaps not notable.  I was disappointed in the Spring Rolls, too chewy in my opinion.  If there's a next time, I'll stir fry some of the vegetables first.  I'd actually like to try Egg Rolls instead.  I really enjoy adding to my culinary repertoire, and the company of good friends.

I did get the housework and kitchen prep done, but was running too close to the deadline.  Oh well, it's not like the ladies haven't seen me in dusty bibbies before.  Call it Farview ambience.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I'd call it yummy perfection. Wish I lived in the neighborhood too...I'd even trade dusting for dinner :-)