Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Nothing Personal

The girls are having a worse time adjusting to the time change than I.  It has been mentioned (several times) that goats adhere to a set regimen and find any change upsetting.  The other day, Inga got freaky because I had left the truck parked by the barn where she could see it.  The truck is usually out of sight over by the first shed.  Inga wouldn't come in for breakfast until she'd reassured herself that the new Thing was not a danger.  I'm trying to get into lockstep with the rest of California so I'm showing up at the barn shortly after sunrise, an hour early (old time).  Like many of us, the girls observe a morning routine to take care of "personal business" and accidents are rare.  Sheila, she of the foot-in-the-bucket, barely made it up on the stand before letting go, and it wasn't milk.  It wasn't her fault and I could not take it personally.  After all, I'm the one who threw the monkey wrench.

Nature is playing games with me.  I'd like to say me personally, but....  It's been a while since we've had rain and, early in the season or not, I had to turn the water back on to give the wilting deck plants a drink yesterday.  Today, I awoke to rain and Nature is laughing.

I don't think Ginger did it on purpose to scare me when she hid in the junipers in the late afternoon, leaping out and squawking loudly as I walked by, scaring me silly.  I don't think so, but....

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Well...Ginger IS a red-head, isn't she? They can be known to be...well...red-heads! :-)