Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Off the Mark

The weather prognosticators are having a hard time hitting the mark this season.  This is what "10% chance of rain" looks like.  "Forty percent" produced a deluge.  Ten percent was just a nice, steady rain for most of the day yesterday.  Perhaps I need to learn how to interpret the stats a little better.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the rain.  We need all we can get.  I rather like the one-day-on, one-day-off system, and I very much appreciated that the sky didn't open up until I was back in the house after barn chores.  It was a day to keep the home fires burning (old British WWI song) and make comfort food for dinner.  Biscuits, sausage gravy, and hash brown potatoes hit the spot.  (At least someone was right on the mark.)

The rain let up before it was time to put the kids to bed.  Footing was a little loosey-goosey in the chicken pen, but I managed to stay upright.  All in all, it was a good day.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Did you see the pictures of hail - so much so that it looked like snow - of your old beach stomping grounds, Huntington Beach???? We got LOTS of your rain yesterday!!! Glad you stayed upright in the pen!!