Thursday, August 6, 2015

As I Was Saying...

Me:  "I've got to get to the feed store today or I'm going to have some very unhappy goats tomorrow."
Linda:  "As well as a lot of mice and ground squirrels."
Me:  "Got that straight!  I am so mad at the squirrel in the feed room.  There is a hole the size of a dinner plate in the lid of the grain barrel for access to the all-you-can eat buffet.  Worse, he doesn't like the way I've arranged things on the shelving in there.  Anything in his way and he knocks it to the floor.  I put it back, he knocks it off.  Right now there are three mailboxes, some hose, jars, and half-empty bags of plant fertilizer all over the room.  It's such a mess."
Linda:  "Umm, the next question would be, 'Why do you have three extra mailboxes?'"

Once upon a time I used to go to craft shows and sell painted items and handmade beaded jewelry, etc., and the feed/store room is crammed with supplies for same.  My own mailbox down on the big road is, I think, rather lovely, decorated with roses and greenery.  When I'm into a craft, I buy way more materials than needed, just in case.  There must have been a sale on mailboxes when I was in that mode, thus - three waiting in the wings.

I had just finished lunch and had to share with Linda the instructions on the soup label.  "Heat until hot."  As opposed to??  Lukewarm?  Unless vichyssoise was on the menu, what nutcase would not heat soup without being told?  Dutifully, I had followed directions and did enjoy the hot soup.

As I was saying, I'm whirling like a dervish trying to get the house presentable.  We're really on the countdown now.  Linda and Luna will be here in what my friend Dan used to call 'two days and a wake-up.'

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Best answer for 3 mailboxes that I have heard of, and I can attest that yours is gorgeous. When I had a gift shop, we carried a line of hand-painted mailboxes and they sure were "purdy!" Like you, I have some craft stuff just waiting in the wings until the right "stage of my life!" Sounds like your all-u-can-eat-buffet is a 24/7 affair...you in Vegas???? LOL