Saturday, August 1, 2015

No Relief

"Between the rock and the hard place" or "Between the devil and the deep blue sea."  Take your pick.  The morning sky in the east looked promising for a cooler day yesterday.  It did drop a few degrees, but replaced the higher numbers with high humidity and I really don't know which was worse, and no rain fell at all.  The day before I had skipped cleaning the stalls in the barn; the heat had really gotten to me and I figured the girls could stand one night in a poopy room and that was better than me falling over in a froth.  One night yes, two nights no, so like it or not the stalls got cleaned yesterday.  I feel so bad for the goats when I clean their udders with a frigid wipe in winter, but was envious yesterday as I cooled them with those damp cloths.

Ohmigosh!  I'm used to being watched.  It's no surprise anymore to look out the window when I'm at the computer and find a flock of turkeys peeping in.  However, hearing a very noisy bird on the deck rail now and looking out to find a quail was a big surprise.  They are such shy birds that seeing them running in single file on the ground is a treat.  One noisy quail by its lonesome out in the open was almost shocking.  Just goes to show, I never know what I'll see here.

Ordinarily I dislike a trip to town.  I've got to make that run today and I'm actually looking forward to a ride in the air-conditioned truck.  It may be the only relief in sight.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Praying for relief for you!!!