Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Ladies Of Leisure

Yesterday we did nothing.  Well, that's not exactly true.  Linda set me up with WiFi, assuring me that I will no longer be using up data minutes on my cellphone and be in danger of losing my phone privileges.  I do trust her, but am still more than a little cautious.  If she's wrong, I'll rightfully hear about it.  I am, to use one of her phrases, cautiously optimistic.

The weather has been a gift, cool enough to sleep under a blanket last night.  Sure makes having company easier on me.  Luna has stayed in isolation, especially after Bess gave her what-for and needed a talking to.  Poor little three-legged cat.  Ralph and Celeste finally came out of their hiding places this morning, deciding that this person was not going to go away and they needed to stretch their legs.  I don't think they've really met Luna yet, but the bedrooms are at the back of the house so I don't always know what goes on back there.

We did a little watering yesterday, actually more for the pleasure of being outside.  After weeks of strenuous activity getting her house ready to put up for sale, it's been hard for my friend to transition into 'doing nothing.'  Myself, I do a lot of that and I'm a pretty good teacher.  She's a fast learner and will get over it.

We were both up early this morning and I had the pleasure of showing her that gorgeous four-point buck who was leisurely picking up acorns just outside the breakfast room.

It was a good day.

No comments: