Sunday, August 23, 2015

Race Day

It messes me up for the week when NASCAR races on Saturday.  I'm geared for Sunday races.  That means the next day is Monday and I'll need to save milk and eggs for my customer who comes on Tuesday, and Tuesday is trash day, and so on.  The rest of the week, I could care less what day it is.  Now I'll have to remind myself all day that today is Sunday.

Regardless, race days, whenever they are, are good days to do laundry.  It gives me the illusion of actually doing something without a lot of effort.  This was just the first load hung.  The photo was not taken for self-aggrandizement, but to show that the deltas winds had finally kicked in.  It was a 500-lap race, so Bess and I had time for a few minutes to sit in the shade and enjoy the breeze.  The temp was still at 90, but that wind helped.

The race at Bristol, Tennessee, ended just at sundown here, so I was able to see my driver come in at fifth place before putting the kids to bed.  That was pretty darn good considering he'd been spun out earlier and I'd almost given up hope for a top five finish.

It was a good day.  And today is Sunday...


1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

It's Sunday...It's Sunday...It's Sunday :-) You could always DVR it and watch it on Sunday so that your calendar is not all fouled up! Enjoy your day and hopefully your breezes!