Saturday, August 15, 2015

Works For Me

I'm very happy to say that Cindy appears to have recovered from her latest bout of whatever it was that made her sick.  She is eating well, hangs out with the herd, and has even put some meat back on her ribs.  Her poop is pellets again and not plops (one worries about these things).

Linda got a chuckle yesterday while taking laundry off the line when she realized my method of hanging clothes in the first place.  I pin them up in a certain way so that by starting at the far end to take them down, everything goes in the basket already sorted to put away.  Works for me.

Everything got watered yesterday.  Triple digits are predicted for the next three days and I wanted to give the plants the best chance to survive.  Watering has to be done in stages and is pretty much an all-day job.  My well has a fairly low draw-down (the amount of water that can be drawn) and one never wants to pump it dry.  The sprinkler isn't left on in one place very long, and there are "resting" times in between areas to let the well catch up.  Linda and I took advantage of a lovely breeze to sit in the shade on the porch and watch birds play in the sprinkler and birdbath.

I'm sorry to report that Bessie, Ralph, and Celeste have not been the best host and hostesses to our feline guest, Luna.  They've kept her isolated under room-arrest.  As an only child at home, she has been unhappy not being with her mom most of the day.  She tried to brave it out and came into the hallway to join Linda, but Ralph did the hiss-and-hump that cats do and Luna ducked back into her room.  I've had serious talks with my kids about courtesy, to no avail.

With leftovers from every meal cooked, there is a regular smorgasbord in the fridge so we had a no-cook dinner last night.  Works for me.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Sounds like some pretty nice routines that you have going - except of course for poor Luna. My cousin lives in Mesa, AZ and I think it was supposed to hit 117/118, and we are unseasonably warm, so I have a feeling a lot of the west is sweltering. Hoping your Delta Breezes happen.