Friday, September 22, 2017

Another View

Up, down, and all around, I am surrounded by beauty here.  This was the view from the milking room yesterday morning, the sun backlighting the clouds.  Later in the day, Bess and I enjoyed a similar scene over the hills to the south.

It was the coldest day yet and I wasn't the only one feeling the chill.  The cats took turns sitting on my lap for warmth and this was my view any time I was in the chair.  A week ago, I couldn't have tolerated this.

I seriously considered putting the comforter back on the bed last night, but high temps are predicted by the weekend and I'd just have to take it off again.  I needn't have worried.  The cats who had been sleeping all over the bed in summer draped themselves near or on my feet all night for our mutual comfort.

Nothing exciting and, other than the views, nothing spectacular.  It was a good day.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Gorgeous sky. Our temps were the lowest yesterday morning since last winter, but alas, we are heading into our Indian summer (I know that's not technically correct) as it always seems to do after school starts in Southern California. Remember the LA County Fair in Pomona? Seems that it is/was this time of year and was a scorcher!