Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Back In Business

My neighbor Beau may never stop by again.  He dropped in yesterday morning to see if I might have a timing light, have a cold drink and a chat.  He, of course, noted that the house was hotter than Hades.  I explained I was in the process of hunting for an electrician (I'd already made two more calls).  "Why didn't you call me?!"  I knew Beau was an electrician, but also that he was up to his eyeballs in work on his house, and then there was the fact that my costs would not be reimbursed.  "Well, I'm going to check it out anyhow," and the next thing I knew he was up on a ladder and asking for screwdrivers.  "Call Helper Dude and see if he can come over for a few minutes."  Taking down a big ceiling fan is a two-man job and I was useless.  HD's job for the day had been cancelled so he came right away.  "The motor is shot," said Beau.  "I'm going into town today, do you want me to pick up a new fan for you?"  This thing was getting out of control, but when the Fates smile on you, you go with it and, as my dad would say, "It's just money."  "Yes, please."  I put the telephone books away.

Beau sent me photos of a couple of choices (isn't technology grand?), and I said I liked the one on the bottom.  Cam came by just before Beau came back...with the other fan.  He showed me the photos on his phone and sure enough, the order was switched.  The thought of moving air overrode esthetics and I was happy enough.  Helper Dude came back and the guys worked together to get the new fan installed.  Ta da!  Back in business again!

Everyone left just as it was time to put the kids to bed.  Even Beau exclaimed about the gorgeous sunset.  He lives just up the road, but his house is surrounded by pine trees and he doesn't get this view.

It was another of those evenings when the sky to the east was as beautiful as it was to the west.

Walking back into the house where the fan was running and the air was moving was quite wonderful.  Ahhh!  I know it wasn't how Beau had planned to spend his day, but I am so grateful that he came by.  I no longer qualify as a damsel, but I was definitely in distress.

It was a good day.

2 comments:

Emmy said...

That's what friends are for.....

And now some cooler weather as well...

Kathryn Williams said...

Oh I'm SO happy for you!!!