Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Looking Rosy

If it looks like I'm blushing, I'm not.  That rosy tinge comes from another day of dicing a mountain of tomatoes and making another batch of marinara sauce.  I will be so glad to have those bags of sauce in the freezer this winter, but right now I think that if I see Beau pull up with another gift of those red globes I will lock the door and hide.

The first thing I saw in the morning was two young doelings on the slope down to the woods.  Too big to be called fawns, but still petite, they looked enough alike to possibly be twins.  In nearly twenty years, I have never tired of seeing deer on the property.

Turk is getting braver and braver.  He used to hide behind the tree when I called his name and just peek around the edge.  Now he waits up on the bird feeder platform or on the ground where he knows I throw the seed, doesn't run away at all, and even looks me in the eye before starting his breakfast as if to say thank you.

If I was going to have to spend time in the kitchen, at least this time the weather cooperated.  It was cool, bordering on chilly, with overcast skies most of the day.  In fact, I closed doors last night that haven't been shut in months.

Remnants of clouds made for a spectacular rosy sunset, another view from Farview that never fails to take my breath away.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Breathtaking views and cooler temps are WONDERFUL!