Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Stump, etc.

Blue sky at dawn was the first I'd seen in days, but the smoke coming up from around Yosemite was lurking there behind the hills and the blue didn't last long.

Nature pulled a fast one.  The temperature dropped as promised, but the old gal upped the humidity to over 70% so yesterday wasn't any more comfortable.

Rats minus one in the morning.  They are such clever little beasties, I'm surprised they don't use bubble-wrap in the shed to make floaties when they go for a swim.  How lovely it was to have fresh water to wash out the pot.

Braveheart put in a very brief appearance yesterday, but even a glimpse was welcome.  I'll admit it, I am prejudiced in favor of mice.  Not in my house, of course.

At first, I didn't see Stump.  She wasn't at her regular post, but then I found her up in the shade.  She's no dummy.  Rhonda and Raymond were playing close by, but then, when Stump turned her back, that rascal Raymond made a dash to get a snack.  Stump called him to her, chastised him severely, and sent him to his room for a time-out.  Rhonda snickered like a goody-two-shoes.  Raymond was underground, so I couldn't hear his response to that.

The humidity was such that there were even a few raindrops on the windshield on my way to and from town, only enough to put polka-dots in the dust on the glass and only served to raise the humidity.

 I had to wait until Ralph was asleep in another room so I could change the sheets.  He has had such fun chasing wrinkles that he's put dozens of tiny rips in the top sheet.  I'm all for letting him have fun, but there are limits. 

My neighbor came by in the afternoon, wanting to borrow my cement mixer.  I told him he certainly could as I have no plans to use it, but it hasn't been run in many years.  I guess he took a look and decided against it, as it's just visible in the open shed.  Sigh.

There was still a touch of blue, as well as the haze, at sundown.

No comments: