Saturday, June 15, 2019

All Paws On Deck

The screen door from the living room to the deck is just screen;  no glass, no kick panel.  That's because I want an unimpeded view to a portion of the driveway for a little forewarning of an unannounced visitor.  I can also see a section of the deck, the deck where I used to see pots of flowers and now see Robert and his furry band of raiders.  That's who I expected when I caught sight of movement yesterday.  To my surprise, it was Missy!  It was evidently not her first excursion as she was moving with a purpose.  I was busy at the time so didn't see her leave.  Later, I stepped out to the covered portion of the deck and surprised the little girl.  She'd been taking advantage of the shade and breeze there to nap.  Like a guilty kid, she took off running so I didn't get to tell her she was welcome, and maybe she could keep the squirrels at bay for me.  Missy may be the only one who doesn't miss Bess Anne.

On my way down to Cameron Park, I stopped to pick up the thumb drive with all my photos that Anna had recovered.  I am so grateful.

Good news from the oncologist.  Probably no more visits to Vampire Hall.  In fact, the medication he prescribed is working "too well" and I have to cut back again.  Instead of visits every three weeks, I'm on an every-three-month schedule now.  Wahoo!

I got home in plenty of time, but to be honest, I just wasn't up for transferring the photos.  I'd had just about enough of computer work and struggles.  That's on the agenda for today.

I wonder if Missy is going to be a regular on the deck now or if yesterday was a one-off visit.

All in all, it was a good day.

No comments: