Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Finding Our Way

Celeste doesn't look too happy here, but seconds before she had been nose to nose with GB.  All he did was sniff back.  Whew.  Evidently Celeste had been reporting back to Ralph because he actually made an appearance in the living room.  All was well until GB got up to check out this new feline and Ralph freaked out.  I am so glad that "Leave it!" is in GB's repertoire.

Yesterday went pretty much as the day before.  I get a little antsy when GB is out of sight, off exploring his new territory.  My big concern is that he might go down to the road.  That's a big no-no, especially since he either doesn't know or chooses to ignore "Come!"  I definitely smell like farm because I broke up one of Bessie's treats to use as a training aid and put the pieces in my pocket.  Lot of good that did because GB has definite likes and dislikes, and I found he doesn't like those treats.  Hardly an incentive to come to me.  Rats.

Celeste is out in the living room with GB (who may or may not be awake) this morning and Ralph is in here with me.  He did go out for breakfast.  At least he is still zooming around, but on a smaller track, the bedroom and adjoining bathroom.  He's not meant to be a sedentary cat.

It's a slow path to unity, but we're finding our way.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I think you are doing QUITE well, all things considered!