Thursday, June 13, 2019

Back In Harness

It's good to be back in a routine again:  get up, turn on the computer, go make coffee, make sure the cats' bowl is filled to their satisfaction (boy! the looks I get if the level gets low or God forbid, empty), come back and begin my erratic scribbles.

As anticipated, much of yesterday was spent on the computer.  I had a number of questions written down to ask Anna.  "What is this...?  Where is that...?  Why does it..."  Again I give kudos to the gals at Bliss Electronics.  One of my biggest concerns was that five years of photos had gone missing, pictures of family and our celebrations, Bessie Anne, the first brother and sister cats Frank and Pearl and on and on.  I know I overdo it on sunsets and sunrises and keep meaning to do some housecleaning there, but there are also photos of snow on the hillsides and the deck, etc. I'd like to have.  For whatever reason, those files were removed when Chris did the scrub, and my heart sank.  Anna said, "Let me take a look."  It seems that Bliss does not destroy customer files.  Anna found all my photos and will put them on a thumb drive that I will pick up tomorrow.  Hallelujah!

With the onset of days in the 90s, watering will become part of the daily routine.  We had so much rain that turning on a sprinkler would have been overkill.  It always surprises me how much water chickens drink in the summer.  Even though they have a big waterer, the three will drink it dry in two or three days.  As I've said, I'm most vulnerable to Stanley when I'm tending to that chore and yesterday was no exception, but I was able to ward him off.

Onward and (hopefully) upward.  The blog is written and my coffee mug is empty.  Now I need to check FaceBook and then play my three games of Solitaire before getting on with the day.  That's my routine and I like it like that.

2 comments:

Emmy said...

So glad you are back.. I imagine many like myself missed you.
Yes, very hot, but it is almost officially summer so can’t expect much cooler
We didn’t think it was a real vacation.

Kathryn Williams said...

Congrats on being back in the harness!!!