Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Yip Yip And Shaddup

Yip.  Yip.  Yip.  Yip.  (Monotonous, isn't it?)  Yip Yip goes on and on, and then is joined by Shaddup, and it's enough to make a person go stark-staring mad!  Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if the guardian ground squirrels were away from the house, but Shaddup sits atop the juniper and Yip Yip perches on the bed frame "fence" right outside.  It's like some high-pitched, constantly dripping faucet.  I appreciate that we all have a job to do, but....

Much of yesterday was spent in front of the computer (oh goody).  Hours were spent taking many, many of the DMV sample tests (40 questions each) in preparation for the real thing.  One that I had real problems with was regarding fines and sentences for violations, probably because I've never gotten so much as a parking ticket.  One that surprised me mightily is that the fine (no jail time) for leaving a child under the age of six alone in a hot car is just $100.  They might as well say, "Don't do that," and be done with it.

I did get hold of Anna and we did get the photos copied from the thumb drive onto the computer.  Ta da!  I spent more time going through some, but not all, deleting most of the many, many photos of sunsets and sunrises.  I mean, it's not like we aren't going to get any more.  It was grand, but sad, to see Bessie Anne again, my shaggy little girl with the old-soul eyes.  I've always taken lots of photographs, even back in the day when we had to use rolls of film and wait for them to be developed.  Steve bought my first digital camera, and now I use my iPhone.  It's almost a compulsion.

Ah well, the sun is up and the guardians are on duty.  They're in the front yard and I'm back here in the bedroom, but I can still hear them.  Yip.  Yip.  Yip.  Yip.  And so my day begins.

No comments: