Thursday, May 28, 2015

Doesn't Pay

It doesn't pay to put the girls to bed early, as I did the day of the late-afternoon rain storm.  It just gives them more time to deposit manure that has to be cleaned out the next day.

It doesn't pay to dawdle in the morning once the weather turns hot.  Getting to the barn late means a  sweaty finish to the chores.

It doesn't pay to put me on a family plan with AT&T.  I'm about to lose my cellphone privileges.  It seems I, single-handedly, used 75% of the data minute allowance for the group in one month.  One would think I did nothing all day and night but play on the phone.  There has to be some sort of glitch in the system because the stats show a great deal of usage occurred at midnight.  I can guarantee that I do not, repeat not, use the cellphone much after dark, and certainly not at midnight.  It was with great shame and chagrin that I had to let Craig know (by text) I'd received such devastating news.  He didn't text back.  Kind to me and/or being slightly chicken to face his mother-in-law, he made Deb make the call after work.  Sounding much like every perp in custody, all I could say was, "I didn't do it!"  Or, if I did, I didn't know what I was doing.  Ignorance is no defense.  Deb was very gentle, reassuring me that they would check into the problem, but, in the meantime, she had me turn off everything on the phone but text, call, and message.  I'm back to basics.  At least they didn't take back the phone.  It pays to be penitent.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Sorry but ...LOL! In all seriousness, I hope the mystery gets solved!!