Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Almost There

The pump house is not quite ready for the big unveiling.  The detail painting is done.  I'm not really satisfied with it, but it will have to do.  Given that it will only be seen by people at a distance, the flower work should be bigger, but my brushes are of the smaller variety and I'm stuck with what I've got.  The work is more impressionistic than my norm and I don't think the deer or turkeys will be tempted to take a nibble.  Perhaps that's a good thing.  The box will get a spray of lacquer this morning and then I'll put in a call to Go-To so he can put it back over the pump, hopefully before the rain comes.

Tessie took a minute to think about it, and then came in on cue.  She's one of the better behaved girls once she's on the stand.  She doesn't kick or dance, she's patient however long it takes, and there's no dawdling when she's done.  It's just that sometime thing about coming in.  She makes it hard to complain, but it won't stop me.

All things considered, it was a good day.

No comments: