Friday, March 4, 2016

Start To Finish

It was a good day from beginning to end.  I did get the dusting, vacuuming, and all the rest of those onerous tasks done.  I did get all the feed unloaded from the truck.  I did get prep work for dinner done before barn chores.  Whew.

I was actually ready when the Ladies arrived.  We'd agreed on an early meal.  Camille and I have animals to attend at sundown and Linda has the longer drive (Arden lives right around the corner), so 4:30 seemed about right.  Frying the cauliflower fritters took a little longer than I'd hoped, but turned out really well.  I tweaked the original recipe and added corn starch to the batter; that made for a crispier coating.  The pork tenderloin was juicy and tender, and Linda made a tasty dressing for the salad.  Fresh green beans completed the menu.

Conversation flowed easily between these women of diverse talents and interests.  As always, I had to put the kids to bed, leaving the Ladies to clear the table.  Honey came with me.  She's used to donkeys and chickens, but she's fascinated by the goats.  Just a light mist was falling, enough to produce this exquisite double rainbow as the sun went down.  It was the perfect ending to a great day.

No comments: