Saturday, October 26, 2019

Charge!

I guess having warning is better than having the power just blip off, but I sure can't say it gives you something to look forward to.  It does, however, give me time to put everything chargeable on a charger, and that is helpful.  In that regard, I'm about as ready as I'm gonna get if they cut the electricity today.

Wednesday morning, while I was writing the blog (before the power went out), the phone rang about 5:30 a.m.  Who the heck would call at that hour?!  It was a robocall, but it was from the Sheriff's Department, and it was scary.  It was notification that there had been an active-shooter incident at Bucks Bar and Sandridge Roads (not so far from here), a deputy had been shot, and there was an ongoing search for one or more of the suspects.  "Stay inside, keep an eye out for strangers, do not pick up hitchhikers, and report anything suspicious immediately."  Wow!  Sadly, it turned out that the deputy had been killed and an off-duty officer from another department on a ride-along had been shot.  All this over a pot deal gone bad.  Very little happens around here that makes the news, and this was news that no one would want to hear.  I sure don't want another phone call like that again.

With all the precautions that PG&E is taking, they didn't de-energize one of the transmission lines up north, even knowing there was a problem.  How's that working for ya?  I've got relatives up by the Kincaid Fire in Healdsburg/Geyserville area, and can only wish them well.

It's been a long time since I've mentioned my totem, the lizard.  This closeup photo makes this little guy, about 3 inches long, look like a Komodo Dragon.  I was happy to see him on the outside of the screen door.  Michael and I are plagued by gnats when we go outside, and I hope the lizard got his fill.

My dance card has been full.  Arden came over yesterday and my son Dave is coming up today.  So far, so good with the power.  Life is good.

1 comment:

Emmy said...

Expecting outage tonight...just hope it doesn’t last long....I’m good for about one day.