Sunday, October 13, 2019

Hey, Good Lookin'

"Whatcha got cookin'?" (Hank Williams, 1951)

I sure was glad the power came back in time for all the Saturday cooking shows.  Every so once in awhile PBS fills Saturday with something else and I am bereft.  I do so little cooking now, but the shows still fascinate me.  I watch mainly for inspiration and ideas, sometimes thinking, "Huh, not in a million years!," and sometimes, "Oh wow, doesn't that look good!"  I continue to watch Martha Stewart, not that I'd ever use one of her fussy recipes...way too many ingredients that she'll tell you can only be found on the internet, and way too expensive.  Yesterday she was making a standing prime rib roast and admitted that hunk of meat was over $100.  Once in awhile she has a useful technique I'll copy, like spraying Pam in a measuring cup before measuring syrup or honey.  That sticky stuff slides right out.  Rick Bayless teaches Mexican cooking, and there's a new gentleman who cooks Cajun style.  Lidia Bastianich is one of my go-tos and I have made some of her Italian meals with success.

And what did I have for dinner last night?  Raw baby carrots right out of the bag.  Go figure.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

No ranch or hummus with your carrots :-)?? Good n healthy tho!