Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Waiting

Will they or won't they, and if they do, when and for how long?  This business of waiting for the power company to decide our fate is very disconcerting.  I'm about as ready as I can be, but there's always something unexpected.  It's nice to have the computer this morning, and the coffee tastes particularly good.

I made a to-do list yesterday that was a little bit different:  things to do that needed electricity or water and things (like dusting) that only needed people-power and could wait until the "dark days."  I actually got a few items crossed off.  Ta da.

Dave, the Animal Services guy, drove up yesterday.  Michael has been very good lately about not going walkabout, but my first thought was to wonder if someone had complained about him.  No, Dave was just paying a visit.  We had quite a lot of contact in the past and he's a good guy.  He met Michael and was impressed with his manners, as is everyone.  Dave is waiting for next June and retirement.  We had a nice chat.

I've added a flashlight to my pocket accouterments.  One just never knows these days/nights.  I'm waiting.

2 comments:

Kathryn Williams said...

Sounds like you are VERY ready!! IF your power gets cut, I pray it's a short outage for sure!

Emmy said...

Every outage seems tool long