Saturday, October 19, 2019

Topsy-Turvy

In the long run it probably doesn't matter, but I feel the need to organize my life a little better, especially my sleep cycles.  Wake up before the roosters, slip in a bit of a nap during the day, get a little something done, fall asleep in the chair after dark, wake up around 1-2 a.m. because I've got a crick in my neck and two heavy cats on my lap (they think it's their lap), watch an episode or two of Golden Girls or Frasier, and finally go to bed for a few hours so I can get up and start all over again.  Maybe if I skip the naps....

Nature is on a roller-coaster, rising to the 80s and dropping to the 50s in a day (40s at night).  It's hard to keep up.  While I'm trying to use restraint, I did light another fire last night after my walk with Michael, just a few big pieces of wood, enough to take the chill off the house.  It's been so long since I've had central heat, but I can't remember if it felt as grand as when the warmth of the wood stove puts feeling back in your cheeks.

Well, I've prattled on about nothing long enough.  The trip to town is looming.  Aarrgh!

No comments: