Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Fooled Me

The thing is, "early" and "late" are just words to me.  There are things to do every day, but since a real "appointment" is a rarity, time becomes irrelevant.  Morning comes when I get up and night starts when the sun goes down.  However, even I know that 4:30 is a little too early.  I got fooled this morning by the oh-so-bright Hunter's Moon.  At the risk of displacing a pair of sleeping cats, the plan was to turn over in bed and in doing so I opened my eyes and raised my head.  Ohmigosh, it's late! It was as light as day outside.  Forget about turning over, get up!  Turning on the computer, I discovered it was all of 4:30 a.m.  (Note to self:  reset the dadratted bedside clock.)

Michael has taken over the duty of keeping me as close to a schedule as I need to have during the day.  When it is close to whatever time for whatever chore, he will come and sit directly in front of me.  "Hey, lady!  Pay attention here!  You need to do such-and-such now."  It's amazing how much guilt a dog can generate.

I do try to check the time before making a phone call so as not to disrupt someone more regulated than I during a meal.  My own mealtimes are pretty higgledy-piggledy.  I eat when I'm hungry.  (Dinner yesterday was at 3:30 in the afternoon.)  Michael is no help to me there, as he also eats free-choice.

Ralph is confused, probably wondering why we're up at this hour.  He pats my shoulder, I turn around for him, he goes back and lies down.  He's done this several times now.  Celeste had her breakfast by the light of the moon and went right back to sleep.  She's always been the sensible one.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

You silly girl...I only get up at 4:30 when I have to catch an early morning plane :-)