Monday, May 10, 2021

Flowers For M'lady


Flowers for, and from, m'lady on Mother's Day, a timely gift from Nature.  The Cecile Brunner rose is really showing off this year.  Talk about neglect...Steve never got around to running a water line so it and the weeds thrive on neglect.  The chicken wire fence was put up to protect the baby rose bush from deer when it was first put in the ground...now it just protects the weeds.  It's still a delight for the eyes.

These roses weren't the only ones I received yesterday.  My son Dave drove up on his Harley in the afternoon and gifted me with a lovely bouquet.  How he managed that with the flowers remaining intact, I don't know, but he produced them with a magician's flourish.  They were appreciated almost as much as the gift of his time.  Covid sure has put a crimp in our family gatherings, and phone calls from the others would have to do.  Gosh, I miss my Kids.

Michael, ever the genial host, came out to greet Dave and join us for awhile on the porch.  Social duties accomplished, he retired to the house, as he always does.  All things in moderation.  No sense in overdoing it.

I had a lovely visit with Dave, no surprise there, and the time went way too fast.  Our goodbye "Love you" were hidden by the roar of the motorcycle.

It was a very good day.

Stay safe.  Be well.


1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

The Cecile Brunner roses are gorgeous, and I'm so glad that you got one of your flock up there.