Monday, May 31, 2021

Get Moving

The weatherman is, unfortunately, right on the mark.  It got hot yesterday, and today is to be more of the same.   We're pretty casual about time here, but this is going to require a change in our routine.  As I've said, Michael likes to sleep late so I wait for him to tell me when he's ready to go outside.  With the heat, we're going to have to get moving earlier for our walks or get roasted like potatoes.  He's adaptable, and I think he'll appreciate the change.

I watched a documentary on the Tulsa Massacre.  What a terrible, horrific, shameful event in our history, and I never knew about it.  Just as with the WWII internment of Japanese Americans and the treatment of indigenous people still, white America has a lot for which to be ashamed.  Perhaps, hopefully, bringing our sins out into the open will bring awareness and change.  Hopefully.

Well, if I'm to stick with the program, we'd better get moving.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: