Thursday, May 20, 2021

Taking The Lead

Michael was his usual noncommittal self when I opened his package yesterday.  I was pretty excited, though, to find an extra-long lead or leash, what I know as a longe line.  What he does not realize yet is that his Cousin Sandy had sent both he and I a measure of freedom.  It means I can loop the lead over a post and Michael can do Michael things while I can get a start on the weeds in the front garden.  He will not be exiled to the house and I will not go into guilt overload.  Of course, now I've lost my excuse to just watch the weeds grow.

Michael came to me as a support dog.  I didn't think I needed one. As I said, it turns out I do.  I hate to go anywhere without him now, even out the front door.  After double-checking, he accompanies me to doctor appointments and to Walmaet.  He isn't permitted at the local (only ten miles away) grocery store, so I just don't go there much anymore.  Serves 'em right.

A pretty chill wind was blowing yesterday so we did not give the lead a trial run.  It was enough to dig out the puffy jacket again.  Nature is having one of her pendulum mood swings with tank top to turtleneck weather.  Knowing what the summer will bring, I'm not complaining.

Truck is going to the shop today to get his A/C fixed and have a well-baby checkup.  Whoop whoop.

Stay safe.  Be well.  (And thanks, Sandy.)

No comments: