Sunday, May 30, 2021

Niceness Has Nothing To Do With It

As the saying goes, "He's so nice he'll give you the shirt off his back."  Well, at this time of year you might get his shirt, but his attitude has nothing to do with it.  Mornings have been quite pleasant.  Michael and I spend extra time outside enjoying the cool breeze in the shade, sometimes even sitting in the sun to take off the chill.  However, by afternoon the doors are open, the fan is on, and the the long-sleeve shirt has been traded for a tee.  I can see tank tops in my future, my near future.  It's supposed to get as high as 108 in the valley next week!  That's 'fry an egg on the sidewalk' weather, and I'm not looking forward to that.  I know it will be cooler up here, but 'cooler' is such a relative term when you're wiping sweat off your brow.

I got a wonderful surprise phone call from my friend Tinka yesterday.  She recently moved from Fiddletown to Louisiana on the other side of the world and I hadn't heard from her.  We didn't see each other often, but talked frequently and I miss her.  I wouldn't wish the throes of moving and downsizing on anyone.  What she's been going through would break the back of a mule, poor thing.  We had a long, grand, catch-up conversation.

Well, let's see what shirt I'll start out with today.

Stay safe.  Be well.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Yep, moving is gruesome unless you do it all the time and have it down to a science and don't have any extra belongings. I marveled that she got everything packed or donated or sold or hauled away after months and months of prep. The drive from Fiddletown to Louisiana was "interesting" let's just say, but she made it and her furniture made it, and her dog made it, and now, after 50+ years in one place and 79 years in California, she is starting a new adventure near relatives and a big new church family!! Strong Feisty gal, my aunt!!