Friday, May 14, 2021

Time Out

Lately I've been reminded of my dad, who, when asked, "How are you?," would launch into a detailed description of what he considered his current health (he was fine).  "Daddy, people don't really want to know everything.  It's a courtesy question."  "What am I supposed to say then?"  "Well, just say you're fine."   At the next social encounter and in response to the obligatory question, he spoke right up, "I'm fine.  That's a lie, but she made me say it."  I've had some health issues lately that are not worth going into and so took a few days' time out away from the blog.  I need to get back into the swing of things and will try harder.

Nature flipped a switch early this year and we went from pleasant to hot in a day, from heated bean bag to open doors and ceiling fan in the blink of an eye.  I sure am glad I had the screens replaced when I did; perfect timing for a change.  On our last trip to town I discovered that the A/C in the truck wasn't working, and have an appointment next week to get that fixed.  (Didn't I do that last year?)  Michael and I choose the timing of our walks carefully depending on where the sun is.  Those weeds that have shot up are already turning brown.  I think it's going to be one of those years.

I haven't got a picture yet, but one of the double peonies opened up yesterday.  Gosh, they're such pretty, pretty flowers.  I have my daughter and Craig to thank for these.

I have a lot of trips to town in my future, but today is a time out and I'm darned well going to enjoy it!

Stay safe.  Be well.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

And I SURE hope you enjoyed your birthday!