Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Mail Call

We just got back from taking the trash down to the big road (fell asleep yesterday and didn't make the run).  It's a good thing I wake up early because the big truck makes our stop at 5 a.m., and he's punctual.  Michael thought I'd flipped my lid when we went out into the dark, but he's a pretty much go-with-the-flow kind of guy.  I took the opportunity to pick up the mail, which I certainly do not do every day.  Almost all I get is junk mail and bills, and I'm in no hurry for either, so it was a surprise to find a small package in the mailbox today.  An even greater surprise was that it is addressed to Michael.  I'm used to "How are you...and how is Michael" in a conversation, so it shouldn't come as a shock that he is now getting fan mail.  The postmistress must think I've taken in a gentleman...at least related.  I'm waiting, and making Michael wait, until daylight to see what he's been given this time.  Nice way to start the day.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: