Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Besties

Ralph and Celeste are best friends.  Almost without fail (the exception being when strangers are in the house), where you find one, you'll find the other.  Ralph is the much more outgoing and adventuresome of the two, but it is Celeste who warms my lap at night.
Shortly after I'd taken the photo of Ralph hugging Celeste, I turned around and there was Celeste washing BFF Ralph's face.  Another photo op too good to miss.

Camille and Honey stopped by last evening.  Honey has kitties of her own at home.  She realizes they come with "stickers" if she is not gentle and so knows how to treat cats with respect.  Celeste made herself scarce, but Ralph peeked around corners at the dog who is twice the size of Bessie Anne.  Honey performed the graceful dog bow that is the invitation to play, and Ralph responded by stretching out his front paws.  Then they went nose to nose for a closer inspection.  While they didn't race around, they agreed to be friends and so all three stayed together while Cam and I talked.  Celeste magically appeared even before our guests had made it out of the driveway.

I ran out of steam after pulling weeds in another barrel out in the garden, a deeper tub for the potatoes.  I'd really planned on planting the potatoes and onions yesterday, but my back said, "No, you won't."  Suddenly housework didn't seem so bad.

It was a good day.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I LOVE the pictures of your feline duo, and how nice that Ralph was a nice host to Honey!