Thursday, May 22, 2014

Shameless

This is a case of blatant self-aggrandizement, but I'm pretty excited.  It's been over a year since I've heard from Christopher Wienberg, the young gentleman who is writing his Master's Thesis on prolific bloggers.  Christopher and a film crew from Psychic Bunny came to Farview to interview me regarding this blog on Mother's Day, 2013, in the midst of our family celebration.  Not hearing anything, I'd pretty much put it out of my mind so it was a nice surprise to find Christopher's email yesterday.  Running late, I dashed off a quick response without checking the link he provided.  It turns out that Jesse and his crew put together a short documentary film titled "Friends You Haven't Met Yet" that has been chosen to premiere at Dances With Films at the Chinese 6 Theaters in Hollywood on June 3rd.  It wasn't until last night that I Googled and clicked links and found out my interview did not end up on the cutting room floor.  Wouldn't it be beyond fun to walk the Red Carpet in bibbies and eau de goat?  Wouldn't I just love to be there?

Christopher is still in the throes of writing, stymied by a skew in statistics regarding age demographics.  It seems that most "megabloggers" tend toward activism in politics and the economy and are younger.  Christopher's interest lies with those of us who write about daily life as we find it.

I wish Christopher well in his endeavor, and applaud Jesse and his crew from Psychic Bunny for being selected for inclusion in the film competition.  Ain't it a hoot?!

As for my day yesterday, I pulled weeds.  Thunderstorms rolled over the mountains in the afternoon and we got a short dose of rain after dark.

It was a good day.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

You WOULD make a statement on the red carpet if that were your chosen attire!! Congrats!!

entropical paradise said...

Congratulations, indeed. It's nice to take a peek at one of the other voices that Christopher was listening to. I feel a little less like just a statistic.

Maggie World said...

Hello, I am another of those prolific bloggers in the film. Nice to connect. I have to thank Christopher for that. I've just read a few of your entries and feel lilke I am more relaxed already.

I am actually gong to go down to LA to watch this film because I'm pretty sure it's my one and only shot at Holywood and becasue my sister has been itching for a road trip.

My red carpet attire is yet to be determined.

Sally McDonald
Maggie World
www.sfmaggie.blogspot.com