Monday, May 26, 2014

Snippets

"I'm sorry to wake you, Mom, but I really, really, really have to go outside now."  And so it was that I got up with Bessie Anne at 3:30 this morning, why I then slept in way past my usual hour, and why I'm still muzzy.  (Bessie Anne is sleeping peacefully at my feet.  Of course she is.)

Yesterday was really hot and nothing much got done (again).  The Asian lilies are beginning to open up.  They are in pots all along the deck, but, like a slow sunrise, they start at one end and work their way to the other.

A good deal of time was spent online, looking for a television to go with the new receivers.  Having made up my mind to get the one at a local store, I called before making the trip back to town and was discouraged to find that it was not in stock nor in the warehouse.  Arrgh.  I conferred with my electronics consultant, Craig, and got input from his associate, Deb.  Bless their hearts, they went to a store nearby and picked up one we selected.  I could get used to having these personal shoppers, given that there are few who hate shopping more than I.  They have custody of the new equipment and will bring it up next weekend.  No, this was not a ploy of mine just to see them again (but that sure is an added bonus for me!).

Now I'm in a quandary.  Not only do I not like to go shopping, I don't like to move furniture.  I've often said that a person could go blind in my house and never stub their toe as once a piece is put in place, it's there for the duration.  Steve and I drove each other nuts.  I am such a stick-in-the-mud and he would rearrange not just a piece of furniture, but entire rooms in our old house.  The dining room became an office, the dining room moved into the living room, a bedroom became a library, and he moved a fence in the backyard three times.  The new television will not fit in the entertainment center, therefore the center must go.  I must find homes for existing equipment and the center itself.  Arrgh.

The old red hen, as Ginger in "Chicken Run" would say, went "on holiday."  I'm glad she did not linger longer.

I'm meeting Dave and my boys (I am the official Club Momma, after all) from Freed Spirits for lunch today.  It will be a mini-version of Rolling Thunder.

Yawn.  I wonder if there'll be time for a nap before then.  Yawn.  Darn that Bessie Anne.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Glad Craig and Deb saved the day, glad you will see them next week, sorry about The Red Hen's circle of life, sorry about the entertainment center (Can the new TV just sit on top or would that be way too tall? Mine is on a mantle, and especially with recliners, the added height works.), sorry about Bessie's untimely trip outside, hope you get a nap, and yay, Club Momma for your Memorial Day outing!!