Friday, May 9, 2014

Circadian Cycles

Energy and ambition need to sync up with chores.  I seem to be on an every-other-day cycle; work one day, rest the next.  I missed a great opportunity by not planting yesterday.  It was grey and windy and I was disinclined to leave the comfort of the recliner and lap robe (Celeste).  Weather Guy had said there was no real chance of precipitation, so what was this wet stuff on my face when I put the kids to bed last night?  Hmmm?  It rained all night; would have been perfect to settle in the vegetables.  Oh well.  If I were really my mother's child, I'd be out there now in Wellies and slicker, poking holes and dropping spuds.  She always said it was best to plant, especially roses, in the rain.  I must have been dropped on her doorstep by passing travelers.

If my go, no-go cycle holds true, today should be a very productive day, raining or not.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I hear ya! Not on the potatoes and onions, but on the productive, not productive cycle!