Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Day Off

After feeding and watering three coops of chickens (the hobbits are still in their little pen), milking goats, cleaning stalls, scouring buckets, and washing eggs for Earle, I decided to take the day off.  To be honest, the decision was made for me by aching muscles and strained joints.  Poor Deb, poor Craig; they must be hurting even more than I.  The weather had done a change-about, cool enough for a jacket all day.  Bessie and I went out to sit in the sun when it appeared, and did several walkabouts just to look at what is now a park-like setting.  Thinking I could not possibly bend over to pull another weed, I couldn't stand seeing a few stragglers over at the end of the herb garden.  Obsession overcame good sense and there I was again, weeding.  I closed my eyes to the lavender bed; a person has to have limits.  No blog fodder yesterday; it was my day off.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

And a well-deserved day off it was!! May you enjoy your park today, too!