Sunday, July 10, 2016

BOLO

BOLO (cop talk for "Be on the lookout for...") is taken very seriously in the world of squirrels.  Every day there is a guardian posted overlooking the field headed down to the woods.  It's not always the same squirrel so there must be a changing of the guard.  Yesterday there were two.  A pair of hawks has been working the neighborhood, soaring overhead and filling the air with their screams.  I am so overrun with squirrels, I honestly don't know which side of this food chain I'm rooting for.

Before someone points out that the fence is in need of repair, I should mention that the wires were cut the year the line from the septic tank to the leach field broke and the heavy equipment had to get into that field.  I've no need for that fence and left it "as is."

Drat.  I'd hung a couple of loads of laundry out to dry yesterday.  It was a perfect day for that chore, sunny, not too hot, and a cooling breeze blowing.  When I went out in the afternoon to bring in the sweet-smelling sheets, etc., I found that one line had broken and those sheets were on the ground, still attached.

I will definitely BOLO today.  The John Deere will be delivered (no time frame given), and we're having another meeting of The Ladies Of Fair Play tonight.  This is going to be one of the easiest menus I've fixed:  Cam donated a pork roast (I just need to put it in the oven), Linda is bringing a salad (she makes the best dressing), and Arden is providing a fruit bowl for dessert (is there anything better in the summertime?).  All that's left for me to do is make mashed potatoes and fix fresh green beans.  I'm eagerly looking forward to both events.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

John Deere delivery sounds wonderful...ladies' night sounds wonderful...squirrels are on their own!