Monday, July 4, 2016

When Will It End?

On days when I don't need milk for the house or a customer, I stop on the way back from the barn and fill a couple of bowls for the chickens.  Chickens love milk, go figure.  I'm used to seeing turkeys and the ubiquitous squirrels in the pen, helping themselves to the morning scratch, but I did a double-take yesterday while I was filling the water pan for the wild things.  This squirrel had pushed himself in between hens for a slurp of milk.  He wasn't dissuaded even when bonked on the head, only moving over to the other side.

There are days when I don't know whether to laugh or cry about the squirrels.  Of course I do.  As Larry the Cable Guy would say, "That's funny right there."

Happy Fourth of July!

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Happy Fourth...and you and Larry are right - that IS funny right there! (But I know their tunnels are no laughing matter!)