Thursday, May 11, 2017

Cat In The Lap

"I'm ready for my close up, Mr. DeMille" ("Sunset Boulevard"1950, William Holden, Gloria Swanson, Erich von Stroheim).  Celeste is definitely a lap kitty and a great snuggler.  I'm not sure how this is going to work out when summer lands on us, but the feel of her soft fur under my hand is very comforting.  My friend Doris used to come by to pet my animals just to get a "fur fix" after her cat Ringo died.  Whenever Doris called, she would always say, "This is Doris up the road."  Until I really got to know her, I thought her name was Doris Uptheroad.

I haven't seen Snake for some time.  That's a bit worrisome to me, not because I'm worried about him, it's more that I don't know if he's found a new hiding spot.  I don't like surprises, and would much rather see him first.

Last year Camille grew an heirloom tomato called Orange Strawberry.  They were so good, juicy and very low acid.  She wanted some again this year, but was having difficulty finding them at her usual nurseries.  She called yesterday, very excited to tell me she'd located a few plants down at Amador Flower Farm and did I one any.  At the risk of putting tomatoes on that dratted squirrel's diet, I'm going to try growing one on the deck.  These tomatoes are so delicious that I made bacon and tomato sandwiches without the bacon last year.

Time is so relative.  An hour can seem as long as a day and a month zip by in a week.  It hardly seems possible that I had surgery a year ago.  We're back at the full moon again.  It sneaks up on me and I'm greatly surprised when I look up and see the Man In The Moon looking back.

I'm meeting Linda for lunch today!

No comments: