Friday, May 19, 2017

Revolving Door

Guests came and went in waves yesterday.  The first to arrive was Candy, a circuit-riding hairdresser who, at one time, had a shop in Somerset and now makes house calls.  I was in bad need of a trim and Candy is good company.  It was a win-win.  She clipped and we talked.  Being a professional, Candy is able to do both at the same time. When I was a kid, my mother always cut my hair.  In high school, the fashion for girls at that time was long straight hair with a tiny curl at the end.  Some would go to the extreme of ironing their hair and rolling the bottom around a pencil.  I could go for the length, but straight was beyond me.  Mother was trimming my hair and visiting with a friend of hers.  They talked and talked and Mother cut and cut.  And then there was silence.  I looked in the mirror.  Eeek!  I had a poodle-cut before Gina Lollobrigida made it stylish.  A boy wrote in my yearbook, "To the girl with the bird's nest hair."  Sigh.

Arden came over just before Candy had to leave and then Cam arrived before Arden left.  It was an afternoon gab fest.

It was a good day.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Pick-a-little, talk-a-little, pick-a-little, talk-a-little...cheep, cheep, cheep...talk-a-lot, pick-a-little more...