Monday, May 22, 2017

Get It In Gear

I seem to be stuck in neutral lately.  I look around at all that needs to be done and I'm stunned into inactivity.  If I get even one major chore done in a day I call it success, but seventeen more things pile up behind it and scream for attention.

I got a call from my son in Hawaii yesterday.  He told of going paddle-boarding in the ocean and having a six-foot manta ray cruise by, as well as a large number of giant sea turtles.  In true island style, he's bought a minivan to tootle around in.  Larry is truly in his element.  While I miss him terribly, I am so happy for him.

Kit and Tinka are coming today and I've simply got to get it in gear and get something done.  The weeds can wait.  (No, they won't wait, they'll just keep growing!)  I promised to bake an apple pie for the ladies and that's at the top of my To-Do list.  To paraphrase a NASCAR announcer, "Lady, start your engine!"

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

LOL...pie...yes...dust...NO!! :-) This company cares not if the list is incomplete!